In the spirit of October, Hillcest South dietitian Stephanie Harris, MS, RD/LD shared a skinny version of the Starbuck’s Pumpkin Spiced Latte with the News on 6, as a healthier alternative. Click here to watch this segment.
Skinny Pumpkin Spiced Latte
Save money, calories, fat, and sugar and make this ‘skinny’ version of Pumpkin Spiced Latte right in the comfort of your own home. You can have this guiltless homemade pumpkin spiced latte any day of the week because it contains all-natural ingredients, no added sugar, syrups and is low in calories.
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 drops of liquid stevia (or sweetener of choice)
- 8 ounces brewed coffee (or 1-2 shots of espresso)
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- *In a saucepan, mix together almond milk and pumpkin. Cook on medium heat on the stovetop.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, spices, and sweetener. Pour mixture to a blender to get milk nice and frothy. Blend on high until the milk begins to form small bubbles, about 1-2 minutes. (May use a frother to foam the milk if you have one)
- Pour coffee into a large mug; add the foamy milk mixture on top. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Enjoy!
*Or, place almond milk and pumpkin in a cup and microwave for 30-45 seconds.