Childbirth Education Classes - Temporarily on hold
To adhere to Hillcrest HealthCare System’s new policies for visiting community members, all prenatal classes offered through Peggy V. Helmerich Women’s Health Center at Hillcrest Hospital South are temporarily on hold.
In order to provide prenatal educational resources to our expectant parents, the following free online resource is now available:
- These birth stories and videos offer a glimpse into the birth experience and bring a sense of comfort and empowerment to patients as they prepare to welcome their baby.
- Access available through Dec. 31, 2020.
If you have additional questions, please contact a coordinator:
Hillcrest Hospital South
Labor of Love 918-294-4009
Lactation Support Line 918-294-4239
Highlights of Women's Services at Hillcrest Hospital South
- We have a newly designed nursery with level II special care nursery support
- Nurse practitioner in house 24/7 for special care nursery
- Lactation specialist
- All private rooms with large L/D suites
- Labor of Love amenities (click here to find out more)
Peggy V. Helmerich Women’s Health Center at Hillcrest South
At the Peggy V. Helmerich Women’s Health Center at Hillcrest South, we look forward to being a part of your special delivery! We are here to make the arrival of your new family member one of the most precious and memorable days of your life.
Our team of highly-experienced health care professionals welcome nearly 1,500 babies to the world each year. And, we are proud to offer expectant mothers support before, during and after delivery in our newly renovated unit and through programs dedicated to this exciting time in your life.
Find out more here: helmerichwomenscenter.com
Labor of Love
Labor of Love at Hillcrest is a free program offered to expectant mothers who choose to deliver at Hillcrest South. Upon enrollment, we provide assistance and support to make your pregnancy as stress-free as possible through the following benefits:
- A guided tour of our newly renovated Women’s Services Floor to better understand what to expect when you arrive to deliver. You will receive a copy of the book What to Expect in The First Year during the tour.
- Assistance finding a health care provider and insurance, if needed.
- Complimentary meal ticket for your support person.
- An evening snack cart stocked with delicious, healthy options for you and your guests.
Signup for Labor of Love here: laborofloveok.com
Remodeled With You In Mind
The Peggy V. Helmerich Women’s Health Center at Hillcrest South has been recently renovated to create a warm and inviting space for you and your loved ones.
We offer all private and newly remodeled Labor & Delivery suites to comfortably accommodate your growing family and your visitors. We also visit your room every evening with a complimentary snack cart filled with fresh fruit and other delicious options.
Our all-new newborn nursery has been designed with the comfort and safety of our youngest patients in mind. The nursery also offers level II special care support and a 24/7 neonatology nurse practitioner to provide babies needing extra medical support with around-the-clock care.
After delivery, we offer all new mothers the opportunity to meet with our lactation specialists, who can guide and assist you with breastfeeding. Our specialists are dedicated to ensuring both you and your baby have a positive breastfeeding experience and are prepared to continue to feed your baby following discharge.